It used to be called Grand Central and you can still see the old name at the end on the North bound platform.
No other underground lines stop at Marylebone but as well as being an underground station it is a mainline Central London Terminus for Chiltern Railways.
Close to the station is Harewood Avenue with its mixture of modern and old buildings.
This sculpture is outside the BNP Paribas building
Across the road is a Grade II listed building of a church.
This is St Edwards Convent of The sisters of Mercy. The sisters built a school for the needy here in 1851. More classrooms were added in 1897 when they received money from the requisition of their land to build Marylebone station.
A few minutes walk away is the Regent's Canal.
Walking back towards the station I spotted this old petrol station which has a new life as a flower station.
The Seashell is an upmarket fish and chip shop which has been serving this popular meal for over 40 years.
When is a church not a church? When it has been deconsecrated and converted into offices.
The original aim of the Philological school was to have 40 students, ten for religious orders, ten for the navy and twenty for mechanics. Boys were not admitted unless they could read and they had to remain at the school until the age of fourteen, when they would choose their occupation. The school had a number of generous subscribers to pay for the boys' education.
On the corner of Marylebone Road and Harewood Avenue is this art deco building, once the headquarters of Woolworths.
At the top of the building is this colourful plaque with the 'W' for Woolworth
between a man and woman holding a flagpole.
Dorset Square garden. It was here that Thomas Lord established the first cricket ground in 1787 until it moved a short distance away to Lisson Green Estate in 1811
Lisson Green Estate now.
These art deco apartments were built in 1935. The sculptor Eric Gill carved the reliefs.
Sharing with James at Weekend Reflections